A dog easter egg hunt is fun for many reasons. Here are some of them:
- It is a great bonding experience for you and your pup, as you can share the joy of finding treats and playing together.
- It allows your dog to use their brains and their noses to solve a problem, which is mentally stimulating and rewarding for them.
- It is a way to celebrate the spring season and the holiday with your furry friend, who may otherwise feel left out of the festivities.
- It is a chance to socialize your dog with other dogs and people, if you invite them to join the hunt or go to a public area.
- It is a fun activity that can be customized to suit your dog’s preferences, abilities, and dietary needs.
Do you want to try a dog easter egg hunt with your pup? 🐶🐣
- Grab some plastic Easter eggs or use the super convenient DIY Easter Egg Hunt Bag from Happy Dog including pre-stuffed eggs. If the eggs don’t have a hole in the end, you might want to poke a hole to allow the scent to escape.
- Add your dog’s favorite, strong-smelling treats to each egg – such as our #1 treat – liver cake or bagged treats such as Wild Meadow Farms .
- Hide the eggs around your house or yard, making sure they are not too hard or too easy to find for your dog.
- Let your dog sniff out the eggs and reward them with praise and treats when they find them.
- Be careful not to let your dog swallow or chew on the plastic eggs, and pick them up after the game is over.
It’s not only for Easter – use the eggs for a fun time and to provide enrichment for your dogs at any time.